Patna: After ending the lockdown in Bihar from June 9, now the process of unlocking has been started. After this announcement made on Tuesday, some changes were also made in many rules. According to this, now if you are going to travel through public vehicles, then know the rules because a new guideline has been issued.
With the new order of the Home Department, from June 9, only 50 percent of the seats in public transport vehicles will be seated. Along with this, it will be mandatory for all passengers to wear masks. If the vehicle owners charge arbitrary fare, then action will be taken against it too. The Transport Secretary has also directed the District Magistrate and District Transport Officer to ensure that the passengers are charged the right fare.
Special campaign will be run for awareness
Apart from this, fines will be charged from those traveling in public or private vehicles without masks. Transport Secretary Sanjay Kumar Agrawal said that a special drive will be conducted in public and private transport vehicles to ensure that the Kovid protocol is followed.
The Transport Secretary appealed to the common people “unless it is necessary, keep the distance from traveling.” He said that avoid overcrowding and travel only if it is very necessary. Wearing a mask during the journey can keep others as well as themselves safe. Sanjay Kumar Aggarwal told that the infection of corona has reduced a little but the danger is not averted yet. Follow the instructions issued by the state government.
- All the District Officers, Senior Superintendent of Police, Superintendent of Police, District Transport Officer and MVI have been instructed by the Transport Secretary to ensure the following arrangements for the operation of buses and other vehicles to prevent corona infection.
- Deputation of adequate number of police force along with magistrates at every bus stand/taxi stand of their area by the district administration.
- Protocols related to social distancing, cleanliness should be followed in buses, passengers should sit in buses or other vehicles according to the prescribed capacity and only the right fare should be charged from the passengers.
- These instructions related to the operation of vehicles will be considered part of the conditions of the permit and in case of violation, action will be taken against the driver/vehicle owner concerned under relevant sections of the Motor Vehicles Act as well as the Disaster Management Act.
- There should not be a single passenger in the vehicles in addition to 50 percent of the prescribed seat, the vehicle owner will instruct his driver and conductor.
- Spitting everywhere in the bus stand / taxi stand will be prohibited, if caught, you will be punished and legal action will be taken.
- The vehicle will have to be washed and kept clean daily, as well as sanitization will have to be done from time to time.