Raj Kundra in Police Custody: The court has sent actress Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra to police custody till July 23 for making porn videos. Raj Kundra was arrested yesterday (July 19) night. Today, the Crime Branch of Mumbai Police produced Kundra in the court.
What did the police say in court?
- Raj Kundra was dealing with porn videos through his app Hotshot.
- When Gehana Vashistha was arrested, she named Umesh Kamat and Raj Kundra’s former PA Umesh Kamat told the police about Raj Kundra’s involvement.
- However, Raj Kundra has claimed that he has sold the Hotshot app to a wanted accused, Pradeep Bakshi.
- But investigation has revealed that Raj Kundra was regularly taking updates about the financial transactions of this app.
- He also created a WhatsApp group that he was admin of where he used to discuss distribution and financial transactions related to the clips of Hotshots.
- Gehna Vashisht and Umesh Kamat were both producer directors and wrote stories for Hotshot and mails sent to others along with the story were also marked in CC to Raj Kundra.
- Raj Kundra had many conversations about Hotshot about money transactions.
According to the crime branch, Raj Kundra had invested Rs 10 crore in this business. It became clear in February itself that Kundra was associated with the company. But due to the lack of a direct link, the crime branch was engaged in the investigation. In fact, after the arrest of a person named Umesh Kamat, the investigation of the crime branch went ahead. It was he who opened the entire raw book in front of the crime branch. As evidence, the crime branch has come to know that there has been a transaction of 8-10 crores. After this, on Monday, the Crime Branch called Raj Kundra to the office and arrested him after interrogation.