Kanwar Yatra 2021: The Supreme Court has taken suo motu cognizance of the UP government’s decision to approve the Kanwar Yatra. Notice has been issued for this and hearing will be held on Friday. The cognizance has been taken under the chairmanship of Justice Rohinton Nariman. During the Corona period, the Uttarakhand government has banned Kanwar Yatra, while in UP, Kanwar Yatra has been allowed with conditions.
Giving notice to UP, Uttarakhand and the Center, the court said, the Prime Minister has also warned people about the third wave of Corona. In such a situation, we want to know the stand of the respective state governments.
Why the controversy over Kanwar Yatra?
– Two BJP ruled states have different stand on Kanwar Yatra
– Kanwar Yatra canceled in Uttarakhand due to Corona
– Uttarakhand CM said – people’s life top priority
– Kanwar Yatra canceled for the second consecutive year in Uttarakhand
– UP has given permission for Kanwar Yatra by Yogi government with conditions.
– Kanwar Yatra will start in UP from July 25
Let us tell that every year crores of Kanwariyas reach Haridwar in Sawan during the Kanwar Yatra in Uttarakhand. Devotees return to their home state by taking Ganga water from Haridwar. These people come to collect the Ganges water for the Jalabhishek of Lord Shiva. Most of the Kanwarias come from states like UP, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Himachal. In 2019, about 5 crore Kanwariyas had reached Haridwar before Corona.
read this also-