Petrol Diesel Latest Price: For the second consecutive day, the brakes have been put on the rising prices of petrol and diesel. Oil companies did not change the prices of petrol and diesel on Wednesday. Petrol is still being sold in the capital at Rs 101.19 per liter and diesel at Rs 89.72 per liter. Earlier on Monday, petrol prices were increased but diesel prices were marginally reduced.
Starting from Rs 90.40 per liter on May 1, now the price of petrol in the national capital has gone up to Rs 101.19 per liter, which has increased by Rs 10.79 per liter in the last 74 days. Similarly, the price of diesel in the capital also increased by Rs 8.99 per liter to Rs 89.72 per liter in the last two months. With the price hike in the last two months, fuel rates have been revised on 39 of the 74 days between May, June and July, taking the retail rates across the country to new highs.
Petrol and diesel price today in major cities
- Mumbai Today in petrol Rs 107.20 and diesel Rs 97.29 per liter
- Chennai Petrol in today Rs 101.92 and diesel Rs 94.24 per liter
- Kolkata Petrol in today Rs 101.35 and diesel Rs 92.81 per liter
- Bangalore Petrol in today Rs 104.58 and diesel Rs 95.09 per liter
- Chandigarh Today in petrol Rs 97.31 and diesel Rs 89.35 per liter
- Lucknow Today in petrol Rs 98.29 and diesel Rs 90.11 per liter
- Patna Petrol in today Rs 103.52 and diesel Rs 95.3 per liter
- Jaipur Petrol in today Rs 107.03 and diesel Rs 98.85 per liter
- Shri Ganga Nagar Today in petrol Rs 112.53 and diesel Rs 102.98 per liter
Petrol crosses 100 in these 15 states
Petrol prices are beyond Rs 100 per liter in all the metropolitan cities of the country. The 15 states where petrol has crossed the 100 mark include Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Jammu and Kashmir, Odisha, Kerala, Bihar, Punjab, Ladakh, Sikkim and Delhi. Officials said that if international oil prices continue to firm up, the fuel price may rise further.
Tax accounts for 55 percent of the retail price of petrol in Delhi. There is an excise duty of Rs 32.90 per liter in this, which is charged by the central government. 22.80 per liter of Value Added Tax, which is levied by the State Government. At the same time, the share of taxes in the price of diesel is 50 percent. In this, the share of excise duty is Rs 31.80 and that of VAT is Rs 13.04 per liter.