New Delhi: There is going to be a big change in the rules related to Provident Fund i.e. PF. According to the new rule, the PF account of every account holder should be linked with Aadhaar. It will be the responsibility of the employer to ask its employees to get their PF verified with Aadhaar. This new rule will come into effect from June 1. EPFO has also issued notification for the employers in this regard.
If the employer is not able to do this, then the contribution of the employer in the subscriber’s account can be stopped. Also, the UAN of the subscribers is also necessary to be verified with Aadhaar.
EPFO has implemented a new rule under section-142 of the Social Security Code. Employers have been told that since June 1, if an account is not linked to Aadhaar or UAN has not been verified from Aadhaar, then electronic challan and return (ECR) will not be filled in such a situation. Employer’s contribution in PF account can also be stopped.
EPFO has also issued notification for the employers in this regard. If the PF account holder’s account is not linked with Aadhaar, then they will not be able to use the service of EPFO.
How to link EPF account with Aadhaar
PF account holders can link their account with Aadhaar card by visiting the official website of EPFO and can also verify Aadhaar with UAN. this is the way
- You will have to log on to the EPFO website www.epfindia.gov.in.
- After this, by going to Online Services, click on e-KYC Portal and then link UAN aadhar.
- You have to upload your UAN number and mobile number registered with UAN account.
- An OTP number will appear on your mobile number.
- Fill your 12 digit Aadhaar number in the Aadhaar box and submit it.
- Then Proceed to OTP verification will come, click on it.
- Again, to verify the Aadhaar details, the OTP will be generated on the mobile number or mail linked to Aadhaar.
- After verification, your Aadhaar will be linked to your PF account.