Ekadashi fasting is considered paramount. It is said that a person must observe the fast of Nirjala Ekadashi in his life, this leads to salvation. Along with this, the grace of Lord Vishnu can also be obtained. In this way, Ekadashi comes twice in a month and thus Ekadashi fast is observed 24 times in a year. Some of these Ekadashi have special significance. And one of those important Ekadashi is Nirjala Ekadashi. Which comes every year in the Shukla Paksha of Jyestha month. This time Nirjala Ekadashi is on 21st June.
Anhydrous fast is kept
In the remaining Ekadashi of the year, the fast is not forbidden to drink water, but the fast of Nirjala Ekadashi is done without drinking water. From starting the fast to breaking the fast, not even a drop of water can be consumed on this day. Let us tell you the Muhurta of Nirjala Ekadashi.
Muhurta of Nirjala Ekadashi
Ekadashi date will start from 04:21 pm on 20th June and will end on 21st June at 01:31 pm. Therefore, this fast will be done only on 21st June. The fast will be ended on the next day i.e. on June 22.
Nirjala Ekadashi fasting method
- On this day, wake up early in the morning and take a bath and take a vow of fasting.
- Meditate and worship Lord Vishnu.
- Keep meditating on him during the day even after worship and chant his name.
- Fast for the whole day, observe a waterless fast and get ready after taking a bath the next day in the morning.
- First offer bhog to Hari, donate it to Brahmin and then break the fast.
It is said that if the fast of Nirjal Ekadashi is done with a sincere heart, then Shri Hari takes away all the troubles of life and life becomes happy.